Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"you almost smacked me in the head with your fanny pack"


Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat. The water wasn’t warm again and for breakfast we had ham sandwiches on two different kinds of break. Besides that Aegina was amazing! It’s a beautiful island off the coast of the mainland that is supposedly popular for a certain kind of nuts that I can’t recall. Our main stop was the Temple of Athena-Aphaea. It was a rather gloomy day so a lot of the pictures I took did not turn out very well. We also went into the museum, which was frigid, and then made our way to a pottery shop.

The man that ran the shop seemed very friendly. He made some real gems but I don’t like to spend my money on such things. The area behind the shop where he did most of his work was a mess; it would have drove me insane. He had some olives in a bottle where he looked like he cured his own olives. I wanted to taste one really bad. He also had some roosters and a donkey just chilling in his backyard.

I did some shopping and found a couple of nice things-gifts for people are whatnot. The boat ride there and back was quite nice. The smell of smoke everywhere is starting to get a bit overwhelming but I’ll deal. I passed out on the bus on the way back to the hotel and slept the rest of the evening and night away. I feel a little better now but who knows how I’ll feel within the next couple days.

1 comment:

  1. aww...Ed! not too many days left, hope you take care of yourself, and get well soon! I am glad though, that you are having a lot of fun. those places tend to be really polluted, but a couple of more days Ed, you'll be back after that! yay! = D

    ReplyDelete