Friday, January 16, 2009

Spontaneous Combustion


It seemed that no one wanted to wake up today. Breakfast was rather somber and the journey to Agora was not very pleasant. The rain seemed to put everybody in a bad mood. At the Agora we saw very minuscule remnants of different structures. According to Michael we were supposed to imagine an open area because the debris was all put there by the Romans or something of that nature. After talking to Susan about our adventures on this trip we decided, from Michaels lectures, that things that were supposed to be weren’t, that’s a great example of this but not really, that should be there but it’s not, and it could be a number a number of different things but I’m going to go with this one even though it could be totally wrong.

I did really enjoy seeing the Temple of Hephaestus. It’s still in beautiful condition and if I remember correctly very little restoration was needed. I got some decent pictures of it but it was a pretty gloomy day so the light is not amazing.

After the tour I went to the Hardrock CafĂ© with a bunch of people and treated myself to a pulled pork sandwich. The BBQ sauce wasn’t that amazing but it was still a pretty good meal : D After lunch I went shopping with the girls, got myself lost, then luckily ran into Susan and Andrew. We then walked to the Athens Center where Michael gave a lecture on Epic Poetry, Theatre, and the importance of the individual versus the state.

That evening we went to a very sheik restaurant called Chocolat where all the 20 year olds of Athens hang out and all the very, very attractive staff wore all white. I got a Pink Mojito and an amazing chocolate mouse with ice cream. Chaos ensued, as it does everywhere we go and it ended up being a great experience. I got back to my room, facebook chatted and then went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Pink Mojito sounds fun! Keep it on Eddie, just a few more days! = )

    ReplyDelete