Thursday, January 15, 2009

Satan's Piss


What an interesting past couple of days! This trip has been truly amazing. I’ve met some people I’m pretty sure I would have not met if it wasn’t for this crazy little adventure…

Anyways…Yesterday I forgot to blog…again. It’s probably becase I wasn’t feeling well and I slept through dinner for the third night in a row. I’m not the biggest fan of the eating so late thing. Yesterday we went to the theatre museum and Michael gave a lecture. The theatre museum was interesting but was masked by the fact that it was so warm and muggy! I almost had an asthma attack inside that place. No Joke! What I found perhaps even more interesting than the museum itself was the graffiti outside the museum. The anarchist had made their mark on a bust and a statue of a woman who I did not know. Some people were angered that they would mark these works of art, I figure it’s just another part of the culture : )

Michael’s lecture taught me that I should be a follower of Dionysos. For those of you not familiar with Dionysos, he was the god of wine and vitality and he is also directly associated with theatre.

Today started bright and early. We left the hotel at 7:30 this morning and drove all over Greece. Well, it kind of felt that way. We started in the city of Mycenae and took a look at a destroyed palace. I was more attracted to the beautiful landscape. I used to think I was meant to live in a huge city, but some mountains in the background might not be bad…hmmm…we’ll see : p

Our next location was Nauplion. This town was situated along the coast and was gorgeous. I only wish we got to spend more time there! I had lunch at a cute, ittle taverna and stopped in a men’s clothing store. The merchandise looked great but a little too rich for my blood.

Our last stop was Epidaurus. There, we saw the largest, and most well preserved theatre with amazing acoustics. Seating over 16,000 (I think that was the number) you could here a coin drop from the middle of the orchestra. Finally, we made our way back to Athens, where I enjoyed a cappuccino at Orange Green.

1 comment:

  1. "The merchandise looked great but a little too rich for my blood". that is the most hillarious statement i have read thus far!! = )
    the pictures look great, and the post titles are even greater. and hey! don't let swanky places woo you too much! = P

    ReplyDelete