Wednesday, January 21, 2009

one last time...

Yesterday was our last day in Greece. I woke up around 10:30am and proceeded to shower and get ready for the day. Several of us had lunch at Crepes around the world and then we walked through the National Gardens on our way to go shopping. Katie and me went to a few different stores including my new favorite Pull and Bear and Zara’s. I bought a sweater and zip-up and was tempted to buy several other things but didn’t.

That evening, we had a graduation ceremony at the Athens Center. The director gave a speech and we all took pictures with Michael. That night, we all went to dinner where I drank most of our pitcher of wine and ate most of tzatziki on bread. That night I headed back to the hotel to turn in early.

The trip home was a very VERY long one. Wake-up call was at 6:30am and we left the hotel for the airport at 8am. The flight didn’t take off till around 11am. I had a window seat, which was nice. Since Tony had multiple books I read one of them entitled Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. I surprised myself because I read the whole thing in the span of about five hours and it has been a long time since I’ve read for pleasure. We experienced some rather intense turbulence on the way home. I went to the bathroom and almost fell in because of its spontaneity. The view over Iceland was beautiful. I’ve never quite seen anything like it. During our landing I joked about not landing in the Hudson…people didn’t find it very funny.

The lay-over at JFK seemed to last forever! We caught the boring part of the inauguration too so that wasn’t even entertaining. I don’t give a rat’s ass about random marching band from random high school. We finally boarded the tiny jet that would take us back to indy and our flight left about a half an hour late…

From the airport we took a bus back to Greencastle. It seemed to take forever. When I finally got back to campus I trudged across south quad to find myself back at fiji wide-awake and staying up for a total of 28 hours that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment