Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sweeping Views

Last night's adventure was ridiculously entertaining! Starting the night off at the bar Classic was great and watching all the men of Athens flirt with Katie is even more entertaining. The larger bar, Vitrine (I think is what it was called), was jam packed with people ranging from my age to maybe somewhere around the 50s. The music was really fun but hardly anyone was dancing : (

The shower this morning was amazing! I reluctantly woke up and decided to not be a scrub and took a shower and the water was so nice and warm.

Today we hiked up the acropolis and looked at various temples, theaters, and other monuments and memorials. The Parthenon was truly a sight to be remembered in addition to the views of the entire city of Athens. Michael's lecture had it's high and low points but the views were probably the most captivating. Sometimes he pushed us too fast along not allowing us to take in some of the "sweeping views" and I know this frustrated some people. I can't remember the last time I did so much walking. My legs are so sore but it's nice to be free of having to drive everywhere.

Me, TJ, and Kinker went to lunch with Susan, her daughter, Andrew, and his family. It was in a section of Athens I would not even dare to spell because I know I would just mutilate the Greek language. I had a Bolognese because I was craving pasta - not quite what I expected but it tasted pretty good.

After returning to the hotel many of us decided to take naps and it took Katie coming up to my room a few times to finally convince me to go and get dinner. Me, TJ, and Katie went to a very pleasant restaurant in the Plaka where I enjoyed a simple salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment